Monday 18 October 2010

Audience research-results

This means that my target audience is predominately teenagers, so in order to successfully reach them I’ll have to create a narrative and promote it in a way that teenagers will be drawn to.


This tells me I have a reasonably balanced audience in terms of gender, but slightly more females, so my central protagonist will be a girl in order to appeal to the majority of my audience.


This gives me an insight into my audiences lifestyle and therefore ways in which I can target and interest them.


I have already chosen to create my film within the drama genre, so in order to reach a larger portion of my audience I should add elements of comedy or thriller.  




My audiences favourite films allows me to see the type of narratives/characters/etc that they want to see which will help me when creating about my own.


This gives me a further insight into what kind of things I should focus on when thinking about my own ideas. The fact the ‘interesting’ , ‘characters’ and ‘Visual style’ were picked numerous times mean these are things I will concentrate on.



This allows me to see the promotion most effective ways of promotion for my audience and therefore which piece of my project will be important. For example; word of mouth is high suggests that what I create must be eye-catching and create intrigue.


This tells me exactly what will be important and what I will need to show when creating my teaser.




I will be influenced by the ambiguity of the ‘American Beauty’ poster when creating my own as it appears to be what my audience find interesting.



The interesting, original cover for ‘Little White Lies’ is something I will take into consideration when creating mine as it appears it be more popular then the mainstream ones. Because of this I will choose to make an independent film rather than mainstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment